Poverty, at its most extreme form, is destitution. It’s trying to survive without even the most basic of needs, like food, water or shelter. For sub-Saharan Africa, that’s the reality for almost half of the population.
Africa is the poorest continent on earth by a long shot. With the exception of three, 28 of the poorest countries in the world are in Africa.
You and Christian efforts against poverty can play a role in solving this problem.
Our program serves the needy children from kisoro, one of the poorest people.
A continent of children: Africa
- Half of the continent’s population is children, up to 20% of which are disabled.
- An ever-increasing number are growing up stunted because of the challenges of malnutrition.
- Diseases like HIV/AIDS are leaving kids orphaned and in charge of their households at very young ages. An estimated 50 million orphans live in Africa.
- Malaria kills 3,000 African children per day.
- With a population expected to more than double by 2050, even fewer resources will be available to go around without dramatic change.
- The infrastructure that most of the world takes for granted is missing or severely limited in Africa. 589 million sub-Saharan Africans live without electricity and cook by burning whatever they can find.
- Water and sanitation issues cost these countries more than the total economic aid they receive. Of all of the people in the world without access to safe water, almost 40% live in Africa.
- Hunger is a major issue, and Africa is producing less food per person, with the average plot of land being too small to feed a family.
A solvable issue, with our efforts put together, we can restore hope for the children around the world.
Will you support our cause to day???